The Hydro Hotel
Opened in 1895 by the Eastbourne Hydropathic Company on the site of an imposing house formerly known as Marine Mansion.
The ground floor, made of polished oak, contained the entrance vestibule, large central hall, drawing room, music room, morning room, garden room, and dining room.
The wing on the left-hand side of the building contained a large recreation hall, all thought to be perfect for its adaptation into a hydropathic establishment.
The Hydro Hotel stands almost 37 metres above sea level and enjoys spectacular sea views.