The Village

the village 2.JPG
 

The Village,

Eastbourne

BN20 7RD

 

The Village forms the centre of the Meads Conservation area.

Completed in 1894, this square of artisans’ dwellings around central allotments was built by George Ambrose Wallis who became the first Mayor of Eastbourne. Each allotment is now a miniature cottage garden which forms a riot of colour from spring to autumn with roses scrambling over flint walls and rustic wooden arches.